Monday, March 27, 2006

Narnia.

Okay, so I blogged about this the other night: only for my roomate's laptop to lose the connection, so here I go again:

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: Oh my word, how amazing!! My friends and I saw it Friday night...now each of them had seen it before, but I never had. And I never knew anything about it, going into the movie, except that C.S. Lewis had written the books, and that there was a parallel w/ Christian events and people. But let me tell you, I honestly got more out of watching that than I did the Passion. I know, I know, Narnia's characters are all animals...but I think that when I watch movies like the Passion, I always view them with a critical eye...like, "oh that never would have been allowed (women at the flogging scene) or more stuff still would've happen (like Jesus' bear being plucked out, etc.)....but with Narnia, I don't know. It was just so awesome. The scene that got me the most was when Aslan willingly lays his life down: and on his way up to the altar, all the beasts are mocking him, and kicking him, and whatever else they were all doing....and it just hit me: that we have no idea what Jesus was going thru on a spiritual level. Yes, the worst part was being separated from our Father on that tree, but can you imagine all the spiritual darkness that He felt? Do you not believe that possibly every demon that had ever been created, was there, mocking Him and laughing at Him? And the fact that He endured all that: for me? I know, I know, that He was there doing that, for the Father's will: but, He did that for ME. FOR ME I tell you!! How awesome is our God?!

And the other part that got me, was the famous line, "....He is not tame you know." "Yes, but He is good." That's my God! No one can tame Him, but He is good!


"Shauna, it is a mere child's book and movie...."

"True....but 'Suffer the little children to come unto Me'"

4 comments:

The Book Worm said...

I agree that it is definetly a great story. YOu should read the books.

shauna marie said...

Yeah, I think I will. My roommate has the series:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, nothing wrong with enjoying it, who cares if it's 'kids'..,

Noel said...

It is coming out for rent .. so very exciting..