Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Crazy, Crazy Kids.


Okay so here's a pic of most of my counselors, a few had already gone home (there is a few of us that got hidden, lol)... and this is the last day, and they all hated me about an hour before this pic, 'cause I made them all get up so we could have one last chance to pray for each other and encourage one another in the Word. haha. Good times. Anyways, this post is for them.

I love Living Waters w/ all of my heart, but every summer, I was like, "nope, I'm not going back"... haha. and summer of '05 was no exception. I thought I would be living in NH, but God had different plans. Just so happens that the Lord thought I was finally ready for MY dream job: head female counselor. I was always so burdened for the counselors, and I was excited to try to encourage them and have them love Jesus as much as I did.

But the Lord had much to teach me!! He used my counselors to change my life, in so many different ways. In Christian camping, you often have your one or two counselors that truly love Jesus, but it was the opposite. Almost every single one of them had a heart and a passion for Jesus... I was so blessed. We saw over 120 decisions made just in 3 weeks: it could only be God.

And there are soooooo many precious memories: prayer times, laughing times, confrontational times... haha. And for the first time since high school: I wish I could go back.

Living Waters: Know that I am praying for you! And though I don't think it possible :) , I pray that it will be the best summer yet there, for staff and campers. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

3 comments:

The Book Worm said...

Camps are the best places in the world. I might actually be able to see this Living Waters camp for the first time this summer. . .we'll see how it holds up to my camp Emmanuel.

shauna marie said...

really? are you going to work there? or just "see" it?

The Book Worm said...

Just see it. Family is going to be up in New Hampshire for a reunion in August, so we might stop and visit the camp as Abe has spent a summer or two there.