Saturday, February 25, 2006

HEAVENLY GLIMPSES...

I believe that every day, the Lord allows us to "glimpse eternity"...and heaven, don't you? Today I went for a run: which, ordinarily, I hate (still sort of did actually), but, well, while I was running...I ran by some bushes, and the smell was just amazing, and refreshing--my reaction was smiling (what geek smiles while running?)....and then, I went to the beach. And I got to put my hands and feet in the Pacific Ocean...not the freezing cold Atlantic Ocean, but in the somewhat cold Pacific Ocean....and I got to feel the sand...and, well, I did a cartwheel: like, what? What 23 old does a cart wheel on the beach. Now granted...there were only three people that probably saw me, but still. And you want to know why I did it? Because I could. In the month of February, I, Shauna Marie Stevens, got to do a cartwheel, at the beach, in the town where I live--like, what the? The smells were amazing...the waves were beautiful....I think my favorite part being, when the waves are really loud, but then all of a sudden, it's so silent, that it even silents your mind, and heart. Oh my word--God is so good!!

In the paraphrase, The Message, in Eph. 5, when Paul is talking about Christ and the churchthe author puts it this way, "He evokes her beauty." So even though creation is as beautiful as it is....imagine, us! Forget that I'm a girl, so obviously some of my deepest longings deal with beauty, but, imagine that GOD evokes our beauty!! He is the one that brings it out in us!! No matter who we are, how dirty we are, how filthy we feel, how "whatever": it has nothing to do with us, but everything to do with Him. That's what He whispers in those still, soft moments.
HE IS BEAUTY.



...May our Lord allow you to to glimpse eternity today....

3 comments:

nathan said...

thats awsome shauna..... I think sometimes... you can pass by something that is ordinary every other day.. but God shows it to you in a different way and you get a new appreciation for it... He has created so much amazing stuff around us that we should have moments like that all the time..... picturing you doing a cartwheel on the beach is still funny though.. ha ha....

shauna marie said...

you miss me Nathan...just admit it. tell your woman "hi" for me and "that I miss her, and to check her email."

Anonymous said...

Shauna!!Do you have any idea how much I love you??? We always have the greatest talks and laughs! You always brighten my day. It was so great to talk to you tonight and pour out my life to you as if we have never been apart. Its always the greatest of friends that even though you may not keep in touch regularly or may live thousands of miles apart you always know they are there for you and you can pick up where you left off. You are that to me! You know how we were talking about people who we really really connected to deeply...well, we connect...just wanted to let you know... I miss you more than you know! Ok so I know I haven't said anything about your little comment stuff about the beach..so here's my imput...I miss Peru! I remember beaches like that! God truly is amazing isnt' He?! His creation is breathtaking! and it is soooo cool to be able to swim in the Pacific Ocean! The waves knocked me over countless times but it was sooooo fun!! Anyways, I love you bunches!! and we for sure are going to have to have a cadbury egg phone date!! Talk to you later!! Chaufies!