Sunday, February 19, 2006

I LOVE MY FRIENDS....

I really do....I really love my friends. So when I was a kid....let's just say, fellow school kids weren't that nice to me. (they never came to my birthday parties...they sent clipboards around middle school saying "if you hate Shauna Stevens, sign your name here...", you know, that kind of stuff.) But now my problem is: who do I go to first when I have a problem? or something happy to share? (Though I may not have really too many of those peeps here, but by phone...:0)....

anyways, so I talked with my friend Marcy today...she was a year behind me in Bible School, and we ended up being good friends...A.) 'cause we were in trio together, and B.) she married probably one of my best friends from the BI....but both of my friendships w/ them were on the rocks, at least more than once. Gosh, I hate sin. PRIDE. It kills....not that they were the only ones at fault, there was definitely my H-U-G-E side of things....ANYWAYS....they just got married back in October, while on tour...and that was really hard for me...A.) 'cause their GREAT friends of mine and B.) they would've asked me to sing at their wedding, but they knew I was going to be away....

I SAY ALL THAT TO SAY THIS....I love my friends...and how despite myself, and my sin, and everything in between....they still love me. God is so good. The two of them (and more) have definitely fulfilled scripture by "spuring me on with encouragement and good works": they all kick my butt.

Lazy Christian. That's what I am. But hey: I'm going to church at 7 am tomorrow, not bad, eh? It's actually not even the church that I am seriously going to get involved in, it's my roommate's church...and she goes to Prayer Meeting at 7:30 a.m.....and I really believe that, well, I need to get praying again.

oh my word people...my discipline is SOOOOOOOOO gone in my life. Spiritually, and even physically. (this whole "no exercise thing" is just killin' me.) I just find it so hard to want to sit down and ENJOY my time with Jesus. I so am just so dumb. So dumb...but it's getting better.

well, this is long: PEI peeps....since your the ones that do most of the reading: I miss you all. E.BREDIN--why don't you just come visit me out here--so you're "almost there". and C&C: miss you guys bad. Looked at Baker's site, and watched the video.

and my other dear ones--love you too. Just....start leaving comments....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have friends now. I just wish all our childhoods didn't have to be like that.

Anonymous said...

hey sista! just read your blog and got caught up on how you're doing...seems like you're enjoying your life out there which is cool, very cool! don't be too hard on yourself though!! :) i'm in my last semester now and am excited for graduation in june...i'm loving it here, absolutely lovin it...it's pretty sweet.

anyways i need to get some sleep...love ya girl!

carly*