Tuesday, February 21, 2006

FRESH LAUNDRY.

FRESH LAUNDRY: It has got to be one of the TOP 10 best little enjoyments of life, wouldn't you say? Like, even though it now (again) costs me money to do my laundry, and it means walking in the cold (yes, it's cold here in SoCal), and pressing stop to whatever cd I'm listening to or whatever dvd/vhs I'm watching: CLEAN, FRESH, [DOWNY] laundry is one of the most pure, enjoyable "things". It truly is. Like the fact I get to climb into a bed that A.) has flannel sheets (yes, we here in SoCal, most of us use flannel sheets), B.) has a fake goose down feather comforter, and last, but most importantly, C.) smells delightfully like Downy Honeysuckle. OH, MY WORD, life just does NOT get any better than that. Hmm...I wonder what heaven will smell like. That's a new one for me....I've never thought of that.

Thought of something today: Jesus never gave up. I don't know, I've heard it before, but, HE really didn't. Like, not saying I want to quit, but when emailing with a friend about the WORK of ministry, and the "business" that it can become, praise the Lord that He did not give up on us. Even when He had to get on a boat to get away from the crowd: He never gave up. Even though He prayed to our Father, "If You can, take this cup from me" three times, He never gave up. Instead, He saw "the joy that was set before Him". That joy being two things (I think...there could be more, this is just what I have thought of) 1.)He was accomplishing/fulfilling our Father's will. Wow...what a joy...and 2.)He did it for US to be WITH HIM for all of eternity. Wow...

hey, one final comment: How cool is it that we get to say "OUR Father": meaning, our Father, and Jesus' Father. That's pretty sweet. Just meditate on that.

peace, out homies.






ps...can anyone tell that I journaled today?

1 comment:

Noel said...

I can,t wait for Heaven so very exciting.. to walk and talk with Jesus in Person... To worship Him in all Holyness wow... can't wait...

Till then Noel


ps. check out my photo blog http://noeljbondt.blogspot.com