Sunday, April 02, 2006

70th Post: PCH & Jesus

70th post kids.... whoa.... crazy!!

Well, I told you on Friday that I would probably post again: and here I am, I'm back. I just wanted to let you all know that today I went to Malibou w/ my roommate and got some ice cream.... and we looked for dolphins on the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway), but whenever I'm with her, she never sees them: so neither have I: yet. Anyways... and today it was warm enough for "tank tops" (exercise tanks, or "wife beaters"), so my roommate and I walked down the path by the beach.... people out surfing.... first time I've seen people ride the waves! So that was pretty sweet....

and I know that many of you know that I thought I had found "the church" that I was going to faithfully attend.... but, for certain reasons, I won't be going there. I've gone w/ my roommate now a few times to Reality Carpenteria (
www.jesusisreality.com) , Reality, being the church, and Carpenteria, the city it's in. (neighbor to Santa Barbara, which is beautiful, by the way). The Pastor's there, they just, they really love Jesus. You can tell that they love to talk about Him, and it's just been amazing. They were on Part X of a series on Prayer, and it's been amazing. Last week it was Prayer & Fasting (yeah, GBC C&C group) and this week it was on Praying Scripture, which I had been really into doing last summer and fall, but got out of it. So it was sweet. Anyways, my roommate and I go to the Prayer time at 7:30, and then the service at 8:30..... and it's just so sweet. You truly walk out of there, pumped to live (like, for Christ, not to just go have fun). Honestly.... it's awesome. And things may change, but as of right now... how can I not keep going there? When for the first time since being here... I've found people that truly love Jesus? Not that church is all about what YOU get out of it, but that's for a later day.

Well, I'm exhausted. I've had a full day already--and it's only 4:30! And I have much to do...I was going to go to the beach and read down there, but I'm not going to want to walk back up the hill... so, I'm not going to. Anyways, miss ya'! Write me and let me know how things are going!

and Jonathan: how in the WORLD (no pun intended) do you have relatives in Buenos Aires? What the?!

5 comments:

Bev said...

LOVE YOU!!!! It was so great to talk to you the other night... I feel much better now... evrythings cool!!! So funny to think that we haven't talked in AGES (almost a year!) but it was like no time had passed at all! I love friends like you! Must do again soon!

shauna marie said...

TOTALLY! Hello! Can you believe it's been almost a year? Honestly? So when you're ready for another trip, my door is always open! My roommate never minds it (aka jonny...and other friends): just know you'll be sleeping on our couch! Ha! but it's comfy! Love you too!! call again!

Anonymous said...

I love ice cream!

Jon Barrett said...

My mom´s cousin married a MK from Buenos Aries who continued in missions there (The actually met at NBBI). It was great spending a few days with them and getting to know them better. I have to say I like Ice Cream as well. Have been eating a lot of it down here.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shauna
Hows life In CAli?? I just wanted to say that I love you loads and pray for you often. Oh, how I miss my trip buddy/dance partner/ and all aorund great freind...MISS SHAUNA!! WIsh you could be at our wedding on June 10th, but I know thats a long stretch to come. Anywya, I am so glad things are working out for you in California. Any plans to tour again?? Keep me posted on your life...I hope we stay in touch and can get together for a visit sometime in the not too distant future!!
Love you...heather