Sunday, April 23, 2006

Mostly to My Pei'rs.

Well, PEI'rs. It's been about 360 days since I have seen almost all of you. Almost a year since I have had fun with you, smiled with you, laughed with you (or haha, AT you), cried with you and learned with you, and from you. So here's what's happened in one year.

May: graduated from the BI. Some of you were there! oh MY! thank you for coming! I then spent several weeks with my dearest friend in the world: and some of my other favorites. Took care of Josiah for a week, and realized, how thankful I was that I wasn't a mom yet, but how excited I would be to have my own... haha, SOMEDAY.

June: hhmm, I thought I knew His immediate will for me at the time, but He quickly changed how I saw things, and accepted a job as co-Female Head Counselor and Asst. Program Director. Excited out of my mind, but just starting to get a wee bit scared about the Fall....but He was teaching me the importance and blessing of just "praying on the spot", which would turn out to be life changing....

July: full swing of camp: trials and blessings. $$ for Continentals? Slowly trickeling in....

August: made some great friends with some peeps from Florida, got to be a mentor and a sister to some of those girls. Got the privilege to pray with an amazing prayer warrior, Holly, wow. And then realized just how amazing my counselors were: they gave me or $750 dollars for trip. And I ended up having more money than I thought: I was set to go... still short, but enough for me to travel.

September: rehearsal camp and touring. I loved it. The rest of my money FINALLY came in, on HIS timing...Turned 23 on the 16th: my host mom and kid brought me cupcakes for the whole tour... I was so blessed. I was enjoying my life...(Did I mention I met a man who had been born in Calais?...)

October: Saw a couple of friends in Florida... but then, depression hit. Hit an all time low on tour. Just couldn't shake the low self esteem and pride... pride b/c "why was I on tour if I wasn't great?". But at the end, I just finally realized that I could only go out there and give my best: that's all that I could do. I needed to realize that I was being genuine, and that I needed to become comfortable with myself in my own skin

November: half way thru the month, I realized, "Oh MY word, I have no idea what I'm doing for my life in 3 weeks".... God soon answered. I was asked if I would consider a job with the Continentals... I knew my answer. Then I just sat back and enjoyed New Zealand and Fiji. haha. In Fiji, I said "Ok, Lord. I'll be a missionary if You want me to be." I left some of my heart there....

December: on the 4th, I accepted the job with the Continentals. Flew "home" (N.Hampshire)... had a wonderful few weeks with my dearest friends... did the drastic "hair cut", spent a few days with a couple other dear friends.... finally went home, packed up my life in 2 weeks, into 2 suitcases..... then...

January: the 2nd: flew out to Los Angeles, California. Traveled 2 hours to begin a new adventure. Loved my job... oh yeah: then saw Jonny as he started out his 3 month adventure!

February and March: life got tough. The reality of it all hitting me, and it was almost unbearable. Between not spending time with my Lord and missing my friends sooooo badly, I didn't know what to do. But I knew all along... I soon started regularly attending RealityCarpenteria... and that was the beginning of my life changing time out here...(Oh yeah, I got to see my other friend Jon, and Nate, as they came to visit me, as they were out here in SoCal... one of THE best times that I've had yet out here..)

April: Finally realized that my life isn't about me: It's ALL about Him. And what He wants to do thru me. His Word, once again, became a priority, and so did just spending time with Him. I'm sick of all the excuses that I had come up with to become a lazy, lukewarm Christian. I was sick of hiding in my shell, wanting others to just like me.... I started being who I wanted to be.

So, this is where I am. I am by NO means at a perfect spiritual state, (Lord, may I never reach it 'til I am with You)... as I still struggle daily, just waking up to spend time with Him. But life is so much more beautiful when you do.

Pei'rs, thank you soooooooooooo much for your precious prayers. They have helped to mold me and change me. I can't wait for you to get your reward.... and I can't WAIT to see you again: not only on your island, but to spend eternity with you. I will never forget you.

God Bless.

"When You said unto me, 'Seek ye My face'; My heart said unto You, 'Your face Lord, will I seek." ~Psalm 27:8