Monday, December 04, 2006

...discombobulation... as usual.




Well, this Saturday, I finally did it: I finally mailed my FIRST 3 BOXES back East... poor Bethany/Andy who have to carry them to their place.... ahaha... insanity. It was amazing actually, how much relief it actually took off my back. and I have some friends from work that are going to be looking at my bed, lamp, chair, etc.... seeing if they want it: so then neither I, nor my roommate and her fiancee will have to worry about all that stuff. I'm just really thankful I didn't buy anymore than what I did... and it's weird ya' know (well, technically a Divine thing) on how I didn't buy MORE... 'cause I could have. I never bought curtains... I never bought a frame for the painting that my room is based on... i never... well, honestly: I don't own much, to be realistic. Not for a 24 year old woman.

wow, 24.. I'm like, almost a quarter of a century old... that's a bit much really.

tomorrow night I have an Office Christmas party to attend here at the Pierpont Inn (the above is supposedly a night view from it: I've never been there: even though it's like a 5 min. walk from the house... but it IS one of those fancey places where only tennis players go;).. anyways. I'm quite excited. only problem being is we're doing a White Elephant Gift Exchange: and I am, like, TOTALLY NOT a girly girl: and I hate shopping and have NO idea what to get a person: never mind the fact that you don't know if it's a man or a woman that's going to receive it. and gift cards--well: I know others are doing that ... ahaha.
Well, that's about it for now... I think I'll dive into the book I'm reading by Frank Peretti, "This Present Darkness"... and, if you ever get the chance: "Blue Like Jazz"--it's an eye-opening book. It's real: and that's what makes it hurt so much when you read it. It's amazing.... I don't agree with everything: but that's not the point. It challenged me. Definitely a 4-Star book in my eyes.

No comments: