Thursday, February 10, 2005

Why Can't I See It, Too.

Sometimes, I just don't get it. I tend to have this problem: I'm just not happy with the way that I am. I am 22 years old and have had one year of "University", 3 years of Bible School and 1 year of ministry, yet I feel as if I am one of the most immature 22 year olds on the planet.

Adults tell me that I'm not: My friends tell me that I'm not: But I think that I am. Maybe my mom is right, and that I shouldn't get married for a really long time. You see, I'm mature in the "spiritual aspect" of life--but in the every day "paying the bills" sort-of-way, I'm not. (I don't even have my license yet!)

I've been told that my problem is, "I'm to hard on myself". Like, whatever that is. Usually the people that I think are hard on themselves are people that are mature. Whatever. And my other problem is, "I over analyze everything". And that, I know, is quite true. I analyze every conversation to death. It's ridiculous. And when it comes to the male species, it's even worse. But enough of them.

So that's it. Why can't I see what others see? Why would it be so bad, for just a split second, to see what others see? And the only answer that I can come up with is this: "His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts."

And you know what? That's a good enough answer for me. (At this moment in time anyways.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shauna,

I've had to learn this myself and am still trying to learn it but when someone gives you a comment, take it as a comment.

You should love yourself and like who you are in Christ and once you learn to do that then people will see that and see the real you.

Sometimes we hear what people think of us and we wanna say no im not or that's your oppinion but we shouldn't we should thank them.

It's also an attitude thing. If we have an attitude of im so immature or im not perfect and don't wanna do anything about it, then probably most likely that's what we are but until we can see ourselves the way God has made us, then we will prolly keep on going as though im no good or im so imature.

Just remember God loves you and he made you the way you are and to be happy with yourself and the way he has created you and the rest will come.

Carla Moore

Nettie said...

Sounds like a good answer to me. As for the maturity, I think it's OK to not be mature yet. You are mature in an important way- spirituality- and the rest will come. Not that I really know anything about maturity, but you do seem well grounded where it counts. If any of that made sense.

Nettie said...

Thanks so much for your comments- the knowledge that Kevin is with the Lord is one of the few things giving me comfort right now.