Friday, December 10, 2004

Conviction?

So, as I was lying in bed last night, rethinking about "A Christmas Story", I began to feel convicted. And Why, you ask? Because of the swearing in the moive. There are a few "taking the Lord's name in vains". So, my question is: is it BIBLICLY wrong to watch movies like that? Colossians tells us to "whatever we do to the glory of God": does that include this? And you know what scares me the most? Is how one day, the Lord will tell me whether it's wrong or right, for there can only be one true answer: And I'd really like to be right...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt Larabie here,
About this whole thing about convictions. I believe the Holy Spirit definitly fills us with convictions concerning certain things...on this issue, using the name of God in vain, its a touchy one...I'll think about it and get abck to ya!
Holla

Anonymous said...

I believe that we should be deeply bothered by hearing it. No matter what the context. I also believe that if something deeply truly bothers us, then we naturally avoid it. The depth of our love for Him, and our disturbance at hearing that kind of thing should out-weigh our desire to experience whatever it may be - a movie, certain company, music, anything. I do say "we" - and I do say "should".