Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Seeing As How...

See as how I didn't write about my weekend at Halifax by now, I figure that I should. IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND!! The teens did pretty well with the inner city kids on Saturday....but the inner city kids did pretty well too: apparently they knew I was an adult so they were a little different with me: but whatever. I love the challenge.

I spent most of my time with a little girl, Nakisha: and it broke my heart when my friend Julie told me that when she brough Nakisha home, she spelt pot. It's soooo hard to just let the those kids go back to that atmosphere. So if you ever think of her, please pray for her.

It's hard to believe that I have a little over 5 weeks before I leave. The time has flown by (although there were some weeks where I thought that time had purposely slowed down to get me). I should be hearing from the Continentals in the next day or so, telling me whether I've been accepted or not...so it's a little hard to just sit around. And I'm excited to go on "vacation" for two weeks.

I guess that I'm just sort of rambling now...so I'll end here.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Congrats on your acceptance!