Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Christians Compromise Too Much.

Why is it that Christians compromise too much? Or at all?

Take for instance, the action of swearing. I know of non-Christians that don't swear, and find it offensive when people do. But what about Christians swearing? Why is it that so many do? There's really no need for it: how many millions of words are out there, and yet so many choose dumb words? Anyways...I find it disgusting.

And people have given me the excuse of "well, it's cultural". So what?? DO YOU NOT THINK THAT GOD DOES NOT UNDERSTAND CULTURE--AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE THINKING--EVEN BEFORE YOU SAY IT? Anyways...I'm just so sick of this compromising thing: especially in this area. NOW I'M NOT SAYING that I've never sworn, or that the words never enter my head, or that I never ever ever will for the rest of my life: but when the average (supposed) on-fire-for-God person uses curses in their every day talk: then the Lord CAN NOT be the person that they're living for. Our speech is to be "seasoned with salt", and swearing is anything by "gentle, good, loving, patient..." etc, etc.

Do you all get my drift?

well...thanks for letting me vent. I like this blog thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello,

Well i do not necesarily think that it is a culture thing, that's just an excuse and to many people liketo use that as a copout. Some would say well it just happens or i didn't mean to say it but it's not that it just happens, it's that you have not thought before you spoke.

We need to be careful what comes out of our mouth and im defenitly saying swearing is a bad thing but on the chance, which should be never, that you do, you need to go to God and ask forgiveness for what you said and ask Him to give you the desire to not want to say those words. This is not new and if you think your the only one fighting with this, guess what, your not! Alot of people struggle with it and most do not do anything about it, either because they don't care or they feel as though they have to fit in or they just do not wanna change for some reason or another.

Well I think i've blabbed on long enough, so im gonna stop.

Just remember that Jesus loves you and wants all from you, even the words that come out of your mouth.

Nettie said...

Yeah, I get your drift. Well put. Question: When people are really careful not to swear around you becasue they think/know it makes you uncomfortable, is this a good thing? Or are we holding them up to unfair standards because they aren't Christians and don't claim to be?