Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Change is Inevitable.

well...hello there everyone. Just me, back again.

Can I just say that, when you know you're in God's will, and you know why you are, don't get all dumb by being distracted by things, such as the future ... that has been the biggest hindrance in my spiritual walk the last 4 months or so. and it's funny how, when God shows you one thing in your life that you need to change, that a lot of other areas in your life change as well. and I was reading my counseling textbook how as Christians: we need to embrace change as that is how we become Christ-like! No one can become Christ-like by staying the same all the time. We need not fear change (unless it's caused by sin) !!!! And although I am "scared" of the month of May (that's when "the rest of my life" begins!), I know that God has not given me tomorrow: so how can I live today, as if it was the last day of my life? Will I be a snob? Will I be selfish? Will I be unforgiving? Will I be lazy? Or will I be the Shauna that the Lord has called me to be today (or tomorrow, seeing how's it like 11 pm....way past my bedtime!)

well, that's just a little thought for you. And here's a suggestion: Whatever it is that you've been doing for devo's the last little while: change it up. Change is good!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shauna,

God works in mysterious ways. Just the other day i was looking through my Bible for a topic to put on my blogspot and i came to were it was talking about change and the future.

It's good that God showed you this. Just remember to look toward God for things that are gonna come and he will gide you. I pray that He will show you what to do come May and that you will be blessed by whatever God has instore for you.

I (Carla) don't like change but when things change in my life, I just remember that there is a God who oves me and cares for me and because of that, I ook toward him and now that everything is allright.

God bless you andhave a wonderful year.