Tuesday, July 12, 2005

MY SUMMER SO FAR

So, yeah, definitely the key word for the summer is A-MAZING. God has totally "blown my socks off" these last few weeks: positively amazing....amazing. Not to say that I haven't had some low times, but God is good: no matter.

I have never worked with such an awesome counselling staff in my life. Totally rocks. Usually you have the 2-3 that have a passion for Christ--and it's totally the opposite here!! It's amazing!! (wow, I forgot how much I love typing!! random, I know:0) I miss Camp Hope, and all my "guests and campers", but I love my position here.

I'm one of 2 head female counselors/Asst. Program Directors. I'm not to into a lot of the "programming" stuff, but I love trying to be an encouragement to the counselors. It's a blast!! Definitely NOT always easy, as I have to be in authority (and with that, comes specific responsibilities and obligations), but it's all good. God is good.

As far as the Continentals go, I have a little under $3000 left to raise for support: but I also have the additional fees of going there: plane fees, $500 camp fee, spending money, etc. But God has me here! And hey: I NOW OWN A BRAND NEW DISCMAN!! all because of a couple I was talking with, and they somehow picked up on how I wanted one for when I fly--and they went out and bought me one!!!! GOD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!

Well, that's my life so far. I love my times with Jesus: I love looking forward to spending time with Him. I love how an hour and a half just isn't enough. I love Him.

well, I should go. Please, everyone--update me on you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shauna,

Glad to hear things are going well with you. Glad to know money is continuing to come in for the continentals.

My summer has been good so far. Loved NY when i was there and wished i still was!!

Well just wanted to say hi and hope ya continue to have a great summer/year.

God bless,
Carla Moore
p.s. when are you coming to the island with the red soil??